[texbirds] Re: FOS Painted Bunting!

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stephen Gast <segast23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:24:46 -0600

I have to wonder how many of the "early" birds are 1.) early migrants
stopped by radical weather that we could easily otherwise over look  2.)
Over-wintering birds from up north pushed south by radical weather or 3.)
just over-wintering birds period.  In the later case of Painted
Bunting...Adult singing males arrive to my Bastrop county property by the
stop-watch historically over 28 years. So far only on April 22-23 and not a
day before, at least when I was present to take note.  I know they arrive
earlier elsewhere, especially on the coast...When they show up here, they
typically stick.....Now for that FOS Chimney Swift.  I've seen the critters
on the coast as early as March 6
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621