[texbirds] FOF Plumbeous and Cassin's Vireo, American Redstart, and winter sparrow species, Post Park, Brewster Co.

  • From: Matthew York <mwayork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:02:57 -0500

I had a pretty good morning at Post Park, ~ 5 miles S. of Marathon.

Driving on "Post road" at the second cottonwood creek crossing I noticed a
roosting juvi. Mississippi Kite.

Highlights in this county park included:
FOF in TX Plumbeous Vireo
               Cassin's Vireo
               American Redstart, female
               Marsh Wrens
               House Wrens
               Clay-colored Sparrows
               Chipping Sparrows
               Lincoln's Sparrows

What a difference an overnight after a cold front makes.

The ebird list, click the link:

Matt York
Marathon
Brewster Co.