[texbirds] Exotics continued

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:16:14 -0500

I'd like to see exotics show up in ebird.  I think it would encourage
observers to submit more data.  In 50 years I will be remembering extinct
species like the Spotted Owl, while looking at "exotics" out my window.
 More data on population trends couldn't hurt.
A possible example of missing data:  Birds of the Trans Pecos has no
species account for Lilac-crowned Parrot.  Were they already in El Paso
when that was published?

Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX