[texbirds] Exotics

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 19:11:30 -0600

Howdy Texbirders,
I originally got the heads up on Bronze Mannikins from Patti Edens
(thanks!).  Here are the directions I sent to Paul Sellin:
I was there from 9:46 am until 12:35 pm.  To find the flock, park in the
big parking area on the north side of the lakes.  Park on the side of the
parking lot away from the lake.  Proceed north across a drainage ditch
(it's dry and there is a concrete crossing)  Proceed on  the trail to your
right through some trees, yupon and legustrum.  The trail ends at a T and
take the right trail.  The birds are feeding on the right in the grass near
the gravel trail.  I first had the waxbills a bit farther along the trail
around the area of cane on the left side of the trail.  They were more
active in the early part of my observations.
Good Luck
Dennis
Hope this helps all...and a link to pix @
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olddawgler/