[texbirds] Exotic bird field trip: Kleb Woods Senior Bus Trip - June 6th

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 21:34:34 +0000

Hello all,
Much to our surprise we have space on tomorrows field trip to search for exotic
birds in the Houston area. We anticipate seeing peacock, Monk Parakeet, and
Red-vented Bulbul. We hope to find Nutmeg Manikin, Orange Bishop and Pin-tailed
Whydah as well. We will see some more common exotics also. If you would like to
go be at Kleb Woods no later than 6:45 am. We have about ten empty seats for
the bus. There is no charge for this field trip.

The bus will leave the Kleb Woods parking lot at 7:00 AM, so please be here
before then with enough time to use the restroom and get settled on the bus.
This is our annual In Search of Houston Exotics trip.  We will be travelling to
various parks and neighborhoods in the Greater Houston Area looking for exotics
such as Egyptian Goose, Red-vented Bulbul Nutmeg Mannikin, Orange Bishop, and
several others.  We will be eating lunch at BB's Café in the Heights.  Please
bring money for lunch (menu items are about $10-20 per person).  The bus will
return to Kleb Woods by 5:00 PM.

In addition to money for lunch, don't forget to bring comfortable clothing,
hat, sunscreen, bugspray, binoculars, cameras, scoped, and your favorite field
guide.

Thanks,

Kendra Kocab
Naturalist: Kleb Woods Nature Center