[texbirds] Evening Grosbeaks

  • From: Kelly Bryan <kelly.b.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:57:50 -0600

Texbirders,
FYI, Marc and Maryann photographed four Evening Grosbeaks at their feeders
in the Davis Mountains on October 28.  They only stayed a couple of days.
Also, a female visited a feeder here in Fort Davis for at least two days
this past weekend.  For those planning to visit west Texas in the next
couple of months keep you eyes pealed.  Hopefully, there are more coming
down the pike.  There appears to be a large influx of Red Crossbills and
Western Scrub-Jays are pushing out of the mountains and foothills into the
lower desert.  May be a good winter overall out here.  KBB

--
Kelly B Bryan
Fort Davis, Texas

To follow the progress of my hummingbird project go to:
http://westtexashummingbirds.com/
To support this project, other bird projects and our educational outreach
in west Texas go to:  http://www.westtexasavianresearch.org/