[texbirds] Eurasion Whimbrel

  • From: "Michael Lindsey" <m_lndsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 18:46:34 -0500

Mix a little work with play today and stopped in on Bob Road to check out
said whimbrel.

It stayed back a ways for the most part moving around between the upside
down lawn chair and the washing machine.  Once it flew toward me and I got
off a few shots that I posted at the link below.

Thanks to Martin for his description of it being very contrasty as opposed
to the other whimbrels and watch for the white below the wing.  When it
flys, all is obvious.

http://www.pbase.com/mlndsy/inbox

Michael Lindsey

Pearland