[texbirds] Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC ---Rose-throated Becard and others

  • From: imhuck3@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:44:27 -0500 (EST)

Howdy texbirders,
 Went out with only 2 participants on my Wed. morning bird walk and ended the
day with about 75 species of birds. The Rose-throated Becard was seen only by
me before it took flight and was not able to relocate her. We told some others
that showed up a little later where she was seen and sure enough, they saw and
got a photograph of her. Sooooo, she's still here, after having about 600+
people looking for her during the RGVBF and not finding her.
 Other notables were Greater and Lesser Scaup, Long-billed Curlews, Green
Kingfisher, of course our special birds, Common Pauraques, American Bittern,
Vermillion Flycatcher and many other of the valley specialities.
 Our next bird walk will be Saturday at 8:AM as we begin calling out birds from
the deck and leaving for about 2 hours at 8:30 AM. Will repeat on Sunday. So
come on out and see what shows up for ya. Remember----

 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier.
   Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC
    Weslaco, Texas