[texbirds] Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Feb 2, 2013

  • From: imhuck3@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:58:11 -0500 (EST)

From: Huck Hutchens <imhuck2@yahoo.
 Hey Texbirders,
 Rather large group of birders going out this morning with Dave, Steve, John
and myself with some beautiful weather and lots of great birds. Our Sunday
morning walk, tomorrow, we'll do it all again. So if the list below interests
you to see what we may seen again, come on down. We start calling out birds
from the deck at 8 AM and leave at 8:30 on the walk. Our Common Pauraques are
always a hit for first time birders to the valley. The moment they are able to
pick it out from the leaf litter, I hear," ooooooh or awwwwww", then I know
they are on it. Lots of ducks on Ibis Pond that are just in front of the deck
with easy viewing for those that are not able to walk the trails, so come on
out. Everyone tells us what a great place to just sit and watch the birds.
What are you waiting for? Remember what I always say,

 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier.

  Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC
   Weslaco, Texas

Feb 2, 2013 7:55 AM - 12:10 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)