[texbirds] Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Dec 19, 2014

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "imhuck3@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:37:43 -0500

 Howdy Texbirders,
 Cloudy and somewhat dreary morning, so spent most of the time on the deck with
quite an impressive array of water fowl. Two highlights of the morning was
first a female Hooded Merganser that was swimming around with the Ring-necked
Ducks and then after lunch, there was a drake Wood Duck sitting on a log just
feet from the deck. What a beautiful bird. My ebird report is below and usually
there are a lot more species but I only spent a few minutes back in the
Tropical Area and did not walk at all out into the wetlands.

 However tomorrow, is our Saturday morning bird walk and I will start calling
out birds from the deck beginning at 8 AM and starting the walk at 8:30 AM.
Hope to see some of you there. The Groove-billed Ani are still hanging in
there, so far and they may be one that we see in the morning. Take care and
remember------

 Bird for your health,
 Forget your worries,
 You'll be happier, (I betcha)

 Huck Hutchens, Park Host, Estero Llano Grande SP/WBC
 Weslaco, TX

Sent: Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:26 pm
Subject: eBird Report - Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Dec 19, 2014

Estero Llano Grande SP WBC (LTC 054), Hidalgo, US-TX
Dec 19, 2014 8:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
58 species (+1 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  25
Wood Duck  1     Drake
Gadwall  14
Blue-winged Teal  14
Cinnamon Teal  2
Northern Shoveler  25
Northern Pintail  8
Green-winged Teal  20
Canvasback  1
Ring-necked Duck  8
Hooded Merganser  1     female, swimming with Ring-necked Ducks
Ruddy Duck  6
Least Grebe  1
Pied-billed Grebe  2
American White Pelican  14