[texbirds] El Rojo is back

  • From: Judy Bailey <jubailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 07:19:23 -0600

We had our FOS Vermilion Flycatcher yesterday afternoon.  He is not in
brilliant colors yet, but on the way.  We can't wait to hear his song in the
evening - twiddle-di-do, twiddle-di-do, twiddle-di-do.  (Ours really does sound
like that :) )
There is still a flock of Cedar Waxwings hanging around.  Two Red wing
blackbirds have been coming to the feeders.  Lots of goldfinches and house
finches, Golden fronted woodpeckers, and had a ladderback woodpecker yesterday.

The Eastern bluebirds are checking out the houses.  One pair has been going in
the ornamental bird house in the tree off the front porch where they raised
kids last spring.  We bought these "official" bluebird houses, set them like we
were supposed to, and they like the crazy birdhouse with the big hole.  Go
figure.

Red shouldered hawks have been flying around screaming.  The Common Ravens
chase them off whenever they get too close to their territory.

Still waiting on young Martins to come and find our gourds............and
waiting on rain.  We have had about ¼ inch since last November.

Judy Bailey
Utopia, TX

solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error destroy it immediately.
**** ista Confidential ****