[texbirds] El Paso Steller's Jays

  • From: jgstudio@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:50:19 -0500 (EST)

Well, it was bound to happen. With the huge numbers of Steller's Jays in town
now it was inevitable that they would show up in my yard even though I'm almost
1000 feet lower than the Coronado Country Club. This morning I had four in the
yard and several more in the neighborhood. The invasion is complete. I have one
photo I took uphill yesterday at http://www.flickr.com/photos/89595062@N02/
While not a new yard bird (I've had them twice before) the sheer numbers of
them this year is amazing. Something is up in the high country to the north.

John Groves
El Paso