[texbirds] El Paso Long-tailed Duck

  • From: jgstudio@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:28:00 -0500 (EST)

The over-wintering LTDU was photographed by myself and John Kiseda on the
Riverside Canal next to Jonathan Rogers Water Treatment facility. On our first
attempt, the bird was quite skittish and flushed with a lot of ducks it was
hanging out with so we birded Rio Bosque Wetland for a while. Nothing exciting
there today. Upon returning to where we saw the LTDU go down, we were rewarded
with very close (20 yds!) views as long as we were in the car and didn't make
quick moves.
Here is a link to photo. <iframe
src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/89595062@N02/12702181284/player/74daca9239";
height="332" width="500"  frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen
mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

John Groves
El Paso