[texbirds] Egyptian Goose

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:25:45 -0500

Greetings,
The ABA has elected to officially include Egyptian Goose on the ABA list. This
is after a decision by Florida to include it on their list. With this
development, I think it is time to make a concerted effort to document numbers
and distribution in Texas and consider whether or not it should be included on
the state list. We must acknowledge that this species exists within our state
in fair numbers. Failure to make any effort to catalog this species is a
failure to Texas birding.

http://blog.aba.org/2014/08/aba-checklist-committee-adds-egyptian-goose-to-aba-checklist.html

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX