[texbirds] Re: Ebird

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 03:39:25 -0500

As to your question on getting efficient at Ebird in the field, I use Birdlog
on my phone and iPad. As I start my morning birding, I start a list and put in
a token Cardinal to start the clock. I then enter additional birds during quiet
birding or at the end of a segment of birding.   I close out this list later
and the program has my time calculated. It takes 5 min to finalize and send.
I've had all the programs, but nothing touches Birdlog

For travel, especially wo cell coverage, I start an Ebird checklist for
hotspots I'm going to wo cell coverage and put a token mockingbird in to
download that checklist. Then I have that checklist ready in the field wo cell
coverage and I enter data and submit for the next time with cell coverage

I hope this helps

Susan Schaezler
Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz