[texbirds] Re: Early wintering birds

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 12:40:00 -0500

Today has been fairly slow, but I have already had a Sapsucker up in
Bastrop Co.  Also the flickers are fairly common for this early here.
There are two Brown Thrashers on my place since yesterday (one eating
sunflower seed on the feeders...Photos), also my first fall Catbird and
Hermit Thrush....Nothing terribly early but just some nice birds.  Oh and a
few Am. Pipits are back but have not seen or heard a Sprague's yet.  Tree
Swallows have been going thru in small numbers. A friend of mine has
already had White-crowned Sparrows in Williamson Co.   The only winter
sparrows I have had as yet are Lincoln's.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/