[texbirds] Early reports

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 19:43:58 -0600

Golden-cheeked Warbler prior to March 1 beginning on Feb. 23...These
reports are of great interest for the record, NAB and the forth-coming 2nd
edition of the Handbook of Texas birds.   However I/we have seen nothing in
terms of details...Any Feb record of GCWA is very important for what is
being assembled now.  We can't can't really quantify mere reports and Ebird
usually does not serve as a means to cite these reports...Anyone with a
more detailed report(s) and/or photos of GCWA would add much to the record
and our understanding of this species' migration in this ever changing
world.  If you found a Feb. GCWA(s), please submitted that to Ebirds, NAB
or if you wish privately...Frankly I can buy into some of the reports, but
there is just nothing to make these early reports publishable in terms of
back up info/photos.  A trend may be being established but we can not know
without good data.
--
Brush Freeman