[texbirds] Early POC migration report/weather

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:22:15 -0500

which amounted to nothing...E/NE winds ~14 mph..   A hour or so spent at
some of our "gauges".  Fewer migrants than expected but enough warblers
etc. to keep the visitor occupied at select locations, usually blooming at
live oak.....Expected more.  Only  new things things since yesterday...a
single Purple Gallinule and 2 Green Herons.  A Worm-eating Warbler was at
least one of yesterday's birds still present. The Eastern Kingbirds
vanished. I did not spend much time on warblers...Too hard against a cloudy
sky and thru dense foliage. .  Maybe things will pick up later today as the
weather is slowly moving off shore....Having to use San Antonio radar which
just includes Port O'Connor
--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell