[texbirds] Eagle Lake, Paul Rushing Park on Katy Prairie

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

After spending the morning in Galveston, I still had some daylight hours to use
up,
so I took quick drive out to Eagle Lake, which held some surprises. Over 100
Northern Shovelers, two female hooded mergansers and a lone Canada Goose,
probably injured as all other geese and crane are long gone.
Paul Rushing had 20 Golden Plovers.

I noted a new dog park there, next to the baseball complex, it takes up half the
field we'd see plovers and grasspipers. What's left is going to be a cricket
field with players tomorrow, so I doubt you can see the plovers. bummer

Carolyn Dill
Houston