[texbirds] Dusky-capped Flycatcher at Pedernales Falls SP

  • From: Ed Hickl <ehickl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:30:43 -0500

Saw the flycatcher today at the left bird blind area as you face the blinds.
Big shout out to Erik who stopped to let us know where he and Bill saw the bird
around 9-10 am.  We arrived at 10:30am and checked out the area but did not
hear or see the flycatcher. After trolling around for a couple of hours without
seeing the bird we left to check out the rest of the park.  Returned around
1:30pm and a lady (did not get a name) shared that she had seen the bird.  We
heard it call about 2 pm.  The vocalization was very quiet. But at 2:30 it call
again and was found up the Huisache tree on the left side next to the blind
about 15 feet up.  What a great view.

Ed Hickl- with Barbara and Bernice
Houston and Canyon LakeEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at