[texbirds] Dusky-capped Flycatcher

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:29:17 -0500

From Petra who is in Big Bend with family..................
"Bushman, we hiked the South Rim trail today and I had a Dusky-capped
Flycatcher just before getting to the rim on the south-west side (coming
from Laguna Meadows). I saw it first then heard it, too. It was very
actively feeding
and moved around a lot. Lost it after a couple of minutes to the north.
Maybe it'll settle down somewhere in Big Bend for nesting.

Only other bird of note was a Cassin's Finch in the Davis Mts. SP.
with a big flock of Pine Siskins the day before yesterday."

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell