[texbirds] Re: Drought and no rivers

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:07:58 -0500

Joe,

I thought your post was a bit over the top as well. While certainly those in
the Highland Lakes entertainment business oppose releases, they're not getting
their way either. A very popular venue that had been successful for several
years just closed on Labor Day. The simple fact is that had there been no
Highland Lakes there would have been no inflow into Matagorda Bay beginning
some time ago. And the last time I looked at Lake Buchanan from Canyon of the
Eagles, people were walking across it. According to a front-page article in
today's Statesman, LCRA is even talking about lowering what have been
constant-level lakes for several reasons, one of which is to allow at least
some flow to the estuaries.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632