[texbirds] Re: Drought and no rivers

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:55:42 -0500

This is a simplistic and extremely stupid assessment...I live virtually on
the river, and know very well the repercussions of the lack of water
release by the LCRA.  We don't like it here but have bothered to research
the reasons for it... the reasons for curtailment have nothing to do with
entertainment...Central Texas is in a dire drought that has been going on
for 5 years.  They do not get the multi-inches every month that occurs
there in your region....  There is no telling what the future will bring or
not bring and there are a million plus people to water going into a
uncertain future.  What you and others can do if you are of a religious
mind is to pray for real rains that will fill the missing ~44' of water in
Lake Travis instead of the pathetic sprinkles that make their way to that
Hill Country watershed.
"This is all done to ensure that the yuppies can go out on the lakes with
their powerboats and vroom-vroom and zoom-zoom while they pontificate about
how they are so much in favor of the environment that allows them to
maximize their personal noise and air pollution to the detriment of the
rest of the universe."

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/