[texbirds] Donna Groove-billed Anis still there yesterday

  • From: "SeEttaM ." <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:16:06 -0600

Yesterday I also stopped at the Donna Reservoirs on my way to look for the
Zone-tailed Hawk I posted about last night.  I refound them this time in
the cattails and other vegetation in a ditch with some water in the bottom
east of the road the bisects the reservoirs.  I watched them for about 15
minutes as they moved mostly inside the cover of vegetation but one came
out in the open where perched without obstructions so I finally got a
couple of good photos of it--these are on my Birds and Nature
blog<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.
I was surprised at how pretty their scalloped-like plumage was.
I also finally got a very short video clip I took yesterday of the
Zone-tailed Hawk I posted about last night processed and accepted by
youtube (new software caused some conflicts and getting me behind).  Not a
lot of action but a close-up view of the hawk as it watches around, up and
down as it monitors its surroundings.

SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder staying in Pharr
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com