[texbirds] Re: Davis Mountains Hummingbird Festival

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolynohl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:22:42 -0500

Excellent points - West Texas is festival rich this August, but information
poor!
I have heard that the Fort Davis hummingbird festival will be held the same
weekend as the Gage's event - one of the organizers contacted me and it
sounds like there will be some sort of initial gathering/registration and
maps will be handed out so folks can go to various residences that have
feeders up and subsequent evening activities will involve comparing notes
to see who saw what. Considering the Gage event snagged their hummingbird
expert for a banding session, it might be a little strange!

The Gage coordinator did email me a 'save the date' pdf; still not sure how
to register (I suppose one could email and ask about pre-reservation or
have a space held) and their site doesn't say anything. Ann Urban is the
new event coordinator and the contact person for the event:
ann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - she can at least send y'all the 'save the date' info
that has (or should have) been sent to last year's participants.

Good luck, everyone!

-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM, <carolynohl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hadn't heard that the Davis Mountains festival is going to be held. You
> would need to check with Chihuahuan Desert Research Institute for
> information. Just google it.  I hear the Marathon festival will be held
> this year. I'm sure Heidi Trudell will respond about that. (My computer is
> down or I would provide more info on both festivals).
>
> Carolyn Ohl-Johnson
> Big Bend area

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities. -
Mark Twain
Big Bend Birds & Nature - http://www.bigbendnature.com