[texbirds] Cypress Nuthatches

  • From: engintsf@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:23:02 -0500 (EST)

We've recently gotten used to having several Red-breasted Nuthatches in our
small suburban yard along with our normal winter residents - a Ruby-crowned
Kinglet, a Rufous Hummingbird, Orange-crowned Warblers, Yellow-rumped Warblers
and American Goldfinches. However, I was surprised to see a Brown-headed
Nuthatch at our feeders yesterday. It was brought in by the front that also
brought us 30-40 more Am Goldfinches and - finally - three Pine Siskins.

Jeff Mohamed
Cypress