[texbirds] Cypress Creek CBC tomorrow Jan 1.

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 19:01:59 +0000

Dear Texbirders,
The 37th annual Cypress Creek CBC will be held on Tuesday Jan 1, 2013. We will
meet at the gazebo on the parking lot at Paul Rushing Park. It is on
Katy-Hockley Road in west Harris County. Directions can be found on at:
http://www.pct3.hctx.net/parks/pauldrushing.aspx .We will meet at 6:00 AM and
depart for our respective areas at 6:30 AM and everyone should be in their
areas by 7:00 AM. There is also a group that will meet at 10:00 AM at Paul
Rushing Park in case you want to sleep late and let the rain pass.

Every year this count misses some fairly common birds. We see these reported on
e-bird by non-participants. Many Houston area birders decide to go start their
year list in the afternoon on the Katy Prairie. If you would like a map of the
circle and a bird checklist I would be happy to send you those and you can
e-mail me your results later. There are no fees to participate and you need not
join an "official party". If you bird on the Katy Prairie please report your
results. I and the Katy Prairie Conservancy would appreciate your help.

Fred Collins
Katy Prairie Conservancy
Advisory Board Member
Compiler Cypress Creek Christmas Bird Count