[texbirds] Crimson-collared Grosbeak well scheduled at Sabal Palm Sanctuary

  • From: Seth Patterson <seth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:44:39 -0600

Good Evening TexBirders,
It seems as if our female-plummaged Crimson-collared Grosbeak is on a
reliable schedule so far! For the last few days she has been showing up
almost hourly to drink from the visitor center water feature. Today
(Friday, February 15th, 2013) she was observed on 8 different occasions,
always coming down to drink from the same spot.

Here are the times of her visits: 9:15am, 10:25am, 11:28am, 12:19pm, 105pm,
1:48pm, 3:59pm & 5:11pm. I was quite thrilled when I suggested to some of
our visitors that she had come in on Thursday at 12:22pm and that we should
expect her to be similarly punctual today... she came in at 12:19pm! I had
some very happy customers. I likely wont be around this weekend but I will
try to keep people updated as to her status!

For anyone interested we have a guided Bird Walk at 8am on Saturday
followed by a historical tour of the Rabb Plantation home at 10am.

Hope some of you get a chance to come out and see our bird!

Happy Birding,

- Seth

--

Seth Patterson
Field Photographer

Gorgas Science Foundation
P.O. Box 5688
Brownsville, Texas - 78523

c. 956.266.4938
o. 956.541.8034

Sabal Palm Sanctuary

http://sabalpalmsanctuary.org

El Valle - The Rio Grande Delta (My New Book)
http://riograndebook.com

My Photography:
http://flickr.com/spatterd/ <http://www.flickr.com/spatterd/>

My profiles: [image: Facebook] <http://facebook.com/spatterd> [image: