[texbirds] Crimson-collared Grosbeak and Warblers at Sabal Palm Sanctuary

  • From: Seth Patterson <seth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:44:33 -0500

Good Evening TexBirders,
Our Crimson-collared Grosbeak is still frequenting the feeders all
throughout the day, preferring apples and potato tree fruit. We have had a
few nice warblers passing through, on Friday March 29th we had a Worm
Eating and today, April 1st, we've had a Blue-winged Warbler, 6-8 Northern
Parula, Orange Crowned, Black & White, Northern Waterthrush,
Yellow-breasted Chat, and both male and female Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
Both Hooded and Altamira are coming to the feeders as well as Clay-colored
Thrush, Ovenbird, Olive Sparrows, and Buff-bellied Hummingbirds.

We are offering Guided Bird Walks every Saturday at 8am followed by
Historical Tours of the nearly-restored 1892 Rabb Plantation home at 10am.

The Sanctuary is open every day from 7am to 5pm, we hope to see you all out
here!

Happy Birding!

- Seth

--