[texbirds] Crimson-collared Grosbeak Santa Ana NWR 01 19 2014

  • From: Terry Fuller <terrywfuller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:50:27 -0600

Marci and I found a young male Crimson-collared Grosbeak (mostly yellow but
tail all black along with head and throat) along the entrance road about
3/4 of the way from the dike to the old residence managers area, past the
Pintail Lake trail and past the point where the electric wires cross the
road, just past the last curve after which you can see down the road to
about the Willow Lake 1 area.  There is a Sabal Palm off the east side in
about the area we saw it.  It was flying out onto the road when first
sieen.  We were on our way out after walking trails for about four hours.
Hope link works to picture montage

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=465374056907488&set=a.101845783260319.3743.100003046923134&type=1&theater

Terry Fuller
San Benito TX