[texbirds] Crescent Bend Nature Park

  • From: Gary Richards <grcolts@xxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:05:15 -0600

Pretty good morning birding Crescent Bend Nature Park...
The highlight was a Black -throated sparrow and the Green kingfisher.
This is the first time I have seen a Black-throated sparrow in Crescent Bend
Nature Park and this may be the first report of one as far as I know. I have
not heard of anyone else reporting this species in the park?
Other species as follows:

Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Cooper's Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Crested Caracara
Rock Pigeon
White-winged Dove
Mourning Dove
Inca Dove
Green Kingfisher
Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Ladder-backed Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Loggerhead Shrike
Blue Jay
Carolina Chickadee
Black-crested Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Pine Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Black-throated Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Le Conte's Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark
Great-tailed Grackle
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch
American Goldfinch
Ruby-crowned kingletEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at