[texbirds] Corpus Hawkwatch...

  • From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: this is new Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 08:39:38 -0400

An update on the Corpus Christi Hawkwatch(at Hazel Bazemore County Park). We
opened on August 1st this year(instead of August 15th).
Migrant Raptors tallied:
Mississippi Kites = 75
Peregrine Falcons = 3
Broad-winged Hawks = 2
Swainson's Hawks = 1
Merlin = 1
Sharp-shinned Hawks = 1
American Kestrels = 1
Total = 84
The Sharpie and Kestrel in particular were early-season surprises. No
Swallow-tailed Kites yet; hope to change that today. A total of 73 Bird species
on our overall Park List for the 2014 Season. We are doing an Anhinga count
this year as well - we currently sit at 1479 tallied.
Hazel Rocks...Come on down Swallow-tailed Kites!
Dane FerrellCorpus Christi Hawkwatch at Hazel Bazemore County ParkCorpus
Christi,TX