[texbirds] Corpus Christi HawkWatch...

  • From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: this is new Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:23:08 +0000

Hello All,

A nice start to our early season. We have tallied 236 migrating Raptors,
highlighted by 35 Swallow-tailed Kites, 157 Mississippi Kites, and 25
Broad-winged Hawks. 31 of the Swallow-tailed Kites have come in just 2 groups -
a group of 11(spotted by Libby Even; and a group of 20(spotted by Bob Creglow)
- awesome! The 20 were found by Bob on 08/12 at 4:45pm(Corpus Christi time) -
ironically, immediately after I had commented to Bob, that the only gripe I had
for the day was that we had found zero Swallow-tailed Kites. I may complain
more often...

Other notes: Our overall species list for Haze Bazemore(since 08/01), stands at
87 species. Highlights include Yellow-throated Warbler, Northern Parula, Yellow
Warbler, Indigo and Painted Buntings, Reddish Egret, Upland and Buff-breasted
Sandpipers, Green Kingfisher. A day count for 08/12 tallied 65 species.

Our seasonal migrating Anhinga count stands at 1098. On 08/01, we had 80 Wood
Storks.

Hazel Rocks,

Dane Ferrell, HawkWatch International

Corpus Christi HawkWatch at Hazel Bazemore County Park

Corpus Christi, TX