[texbirds] Corpus Christi Area - Sunday, April 14th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 22:13:48 -0500

Keith Bartels, Matt Heindel and I birded Pollywog Pond, Rosehill Cemetery,
Blucher Park, Packery Channel, Mustang Island, Port Aransas (Birding Center
& Paradise Pond) today. It was well worth going out today.  We tallied 21
species of warblers.

Birds of Note:
American Bittern 1
Swainson's Hawk 1
American Golden-Plover 8
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 3
Chuck-will's-widow 4
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Great-crested Flycatcher 14
Western Kingbird 35
Eastern Kingbird 30
White-eyed Vireo 4 (migrants)
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 35
Blue-headed Vireo 4
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 11
Red-eyed Vireo 30
House Wren 1
Marsh Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Swainson's Thrush 1
Ovenbird 2
Worm-eating Warbler 1
Northern Waterthrush 1
Blue-winged Warbler 1
Black-and-white Warbler 6
Prothonotary Warbler 2
Tennessee Warbler 40
Orange-crowned Warbler 7
Nashville Warbler 28
Common Yellowthroat 5
Hooded Warbler 3
American Redstart 1
Cerulean Warbler 4
Northern Parula 3
Yellow Warbler 2
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 18
Black-throated Green Warbler 5
Wilson's Warbler 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Chipping Sparrow 8
Clay-colored Sparrow 4
Grasshopper Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 7
Summer Tanager 10
Scarlet Tanager 14
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 8
Blue Grosbeak 2
Indigo Bunting 75+
Dickcissel 1
Orchard Oriole 45
Baltimore Oriole 12
SCOTT's ORIOLE 1 (very probable - Packery Channel - seen briefly but well;
unfortunately it disappeared before we could obtain photos; we looked for
the bird but could not relocate it)
Lesser Goldfinch 1

Willie Sekula
Falls City