[texbirds] Corpus Christi Area - Saturday, April 19th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:11:11 -0500

Keith Bartels and I birded the Corpus Christi area today.  We visited
Blucher Park, Rosehill Cemetery, Packery Channel, Flour Bluff, Mustang
Island, Port Aransas (Birding Center, Paradise Pond).  It was quite birdy
with good numbers of orioles, tanagers, grosbeaks, buntings plus a nice
tally of 20 warbler species.

Birds of Note:
Franklin's Gulls 3,000+ - Large numbers flying north
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 8
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO 1 Packery Channel
Chuck-will's Widow 6
Eastern Wood-Pewee 8