[texbirds] Corpus Brown Booby

  • From: Truett Cantrell <tcantrell52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 15:46:55 -0600

For what its worth, the Brown Booby I saw today at the Suntide Rd location
is not the same bird that was seen on 12/15/13, the bird seen on 12/15 had
clean white breast and had no missing flight feathers.  The bird  I had
today looked much more ragged with several missing secondary flight
feathers.  Additionally the bird I saw today has a brown breast with some
white showing through.  IMHO this is a different bird.  The bird was
actively plunge diving and flying over the area, when not flying the bird
was resting for short periods on the barge.

Skip Cantrell

Portland, TX