[texbirds] Cooper's Hawk at 21st & Guadalupe

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds Maillist <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 16:59:43 -0600

I forgot to mention, after getting back to Austin, I had lunch downtown and
coming home just before 3:00 pm, I was stopped at the light at 21st & Guadalupe
when a Cooper's Hawk emerged from the oaks on campus and into an oak across the
street. It seemed to have a full crop, so we can always hope White-winged,
grackle, or starling was its lunch.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632