[texbirds] Re: Coopers Hawk

  • From: Collins & Charmaine Ganson <cgtimes2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:06:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have Cooper's Hawk in Leakey. This past weekend one was screaming and
chasing the Red-tailed Hawks off the property as they floated by.

Charmaine Ganson
Katy/Leakey, TX

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7-24-12 Cooper's Hawk @ Warbler Woods

Today's fun was a Cooper's Hawk that I was able to get pictures of today.  The
following link has the underside of it, with the long tail and banding.  The
swallows were chasing it across the field.  I thought I had seen one hanging
out at the Old Barn several days ago, but discounted the bird since it was
early for Cooper's.  I didn't see the Solitary Sandpiper today.

http://flic.kr/p/cCRMqm

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at