[texbirds] Continuing exotics at Buffalo Run Prak, Ft. Bend Co.

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 15:04:04 -0600

Howdy Texbirders,
After sleeping in late and missing the Merganser, I went over to Buffalo
Run Park.  There were both Bronze Mannikins (about 10) and Orange-cheeked
Waxbill (4) with a mixed flock of sparrows.  Got some photos of the
Mannikins.  They are easily approachable if one moves slowly, but they stay
deep in the grass.
Evening, I plan to head back over to the Eldridge Retention Ponds to see if
the merganser uses the lake as a roosting area, which might be the case.
May see some of you later,
Hablamos,
Dennis
West Houston