[texbirds] Re: Concerning Hummingbird migration

  • From: Ralph Reed <rreed1049@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mtwoman55@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:50:33 -0500

We are cutting back on our feeders here at the Chihhahuan Desert Nature Center
as we have noticed a drop off of Hummers in the past couple of weeks.  We had a
great year with 7 species over several months.  Looking forward to their return.
Ralph Reed
CDRI
Fort Davis

On Sep 23, 2015 7:49 AM, Mt Woman <mtwoman55@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We haven't had a Hummer at the feeder for 2 weeks now (S Parker County).

We have Black-chinned Hummers here.

Is it early for them to leave?
I haven't seen any Texbirds posts of sightings of them re: migration.

Thought I'd ask. Anyone else notice them gone?

Tzila "Z" Duenzl

S Parker County,

on Hood County line.