[texbirds] Re: Common Ravens in Austin

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maillist" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have occasionally seen ravens in NW Austin.  I even had one fly over the Hwys
183/360 intersection earlier in the year.  I have had them fairly regularly
this year along the east side of Lake Travis (Cypress Creek Park, Volente).
And, taking a little broader view, I have also seen them fairly regularly over
the years along Hwy183 between Leander and Lampasas (Williamson and Burnet
cos.).

Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701