[texbirds] Common Nighthawk in Houston

  • From: "fernanda" <fernanda.home@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 19:00:50 -0600

I observed a single common nighthawk for over 30 minutes on Friday, Nov-08-2013
starting at ~ 6:40pm at the Harris County Bayland Park  in Houston (close to
Hillcroft and Bisssonet). It was circling over the lit soccer fields within the
park at the end of Braeburn St. It called a few times that's how I noticed it
up there.  I don't see any other c. nighthawk sightings reported in eBird this
late in this area.
Fernanda Araujo
Houston, TX