[texbirds] Colorado TOS Trip--April 23-May 2

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TOS " <TOS-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 10:52:36 -0600

The New Year is here and it is time to make your plans for  spring birding.
The Colorado April trip to Colorado should be on your list.  This trip will
focus on grouse--Greater & Gunnison Sage-Grouse, Sharp-tailed and Dusky
Grouse and both Greater and Lesser Prairie Chicken.  In addition, we will
seek out White-tailed Ptarmigan, three Rosy-finch species and many other
Colorado specialties.  We will visit several leks to see these amazing birds
preforming their annual mating dances. The cost of this trip is $2175 for
TOS members and $2200 for non-members.  Your payment includes all
transportation, guide, entry fees and lodging (double occupancy-single
occupancy available for an additional fee) from the Denver airport.  This is
the first time this trip has been offered as a TOS field trip.  If you are
interested you can download a PDF file with pictures and possible species
for the trip at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95870578/Chicken%20Run%20composite%20birdlist.pdf
If interested please contact me as soon as possible.

Jim Hailey

President Elect

Texas Ornithological Society

110 Lavaca Lane