[texbirds] Collared Plover - yes today

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 17:41:50 -0500

The Collared Plover gave a group of us great views this morning at the
Hargill Playa, and thanks to Dan Jones for helping me locate it. I don't
know if I got a recognizable photo with my camera but just got home and
haven't had time to check the photos out.
After I left the playa I went over to Brushline Road to see what I could
find. First off I had 2 calling Groove-billed Anis, then found a Verdin
and Black and White Warbler along with a lot of Lark Sparrows, and finally
had 12 Northern Bobwhite walking along the road in front of me. I didn't
ID the Glossy Ibis and didn't see any Purple Gallinules in any of the ponds
I checked. Dan Jones was right that it is extremely difficult to pull a
Glossy Ibis out of all the White-faced as they always have their heads
under water. But I gave it a try.

Pat DeWenter
San Antonio/formerly Weslaco