[texbirds] Re: Colima Warbler in Kenedy Co..........

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 16:48:20 -0500

Just to make sure that credit is properly given, although all three of us
thought it was something quite different, Tom was the first to suggest
Colima.
Brush just happened to call me when we were trying to re-find the bird
(which we did).  I described to Brush what field marks we had verified to
that point, and he started to get excited, as well.

We were not carrying any field guides away from the vehicle.  Tom got back
to the van first,  As I approached, he stated, "I'm not going to say
anything.  But look at the book!"  Well, like a good boy, I wrote up my
observations before looking at the book.

When Tom came back to the van, I grabbed my left knee (no cartilage there),
and said, "I guess this isn't a problem any more!"  Tom (who knows about my
bad knee) immediately knew I was referring the the Boot Springs trail.

Barbara also wrote up her notes before looking at the book.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> *************************************************************************************************************
> .........and if so the first outside the Trans Pecos since 1978 and only
> the second ever in Texas...Comments appreciated if ID questioned....Found
> Barbara Rapstien, Jim Sinclair, Tom Langschied on the Norias Division of
> the King Ranch...April 9 (not accessible to public)   Photos on my blog
> with permission because I could not create another link early this morning
> in time and have little time this afternoon as I am only here (Utley) until
> very early tomorrow and several errands before then.
> http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
> Brush Freeman
> 361-655-7641 Cell
> http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
> Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member
Kingsville, TX

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein