[texbirds] Clifton area (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 20:06:04 -0500

.
we had a very good day around the Clifton area Numbers low, diversity
high Have not had time for Ebird yet but 9-10 Warbler species, 6 vireo
species, 3 empid species, orioles, 3 bunting species, RB Grosbeak. 2
Wilson's Phals. 2 Canada Geese, 2 Egyptian Geese (sorry) Some of this was
on transects, others in Clifton City Park and ....my first county and
latish Spotted Sand. in breeding plumage. I have made several visits to
City Park and a House Wren continues to sing from the same location for at
least the past 2.5 weeks. Heard only Pine Siskens continue. Other late
birds include Brewer's Blackbirds and a single HO Lincoln's Sparrow
Fledged chickadees were found in areas of the huge park with parents
attending. A WB Nuthatch continues near the old historic truss bridge but
I have never seen but one bird. No Uplands

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/