[texbirds] Clay-colored Thrush

  • From: Joel Simon <joel.simon44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:36:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
About an hour ago Vicki came rushing in from our back yard (tracking mud and
leaves throughout our home) to get me to come out.  A Clay-colored Thrush was
in one of our china berry trees eating dried up berries.  It was less than 25
feet away not paying attention to the two excited humans.  I hurried in to get
my scope and camera, but just as I got on the bird it flew to the front yard.
Relocated the bird and had the camera on the bird when the dreaded "replace
batteries" began flashing!  By the time I got back out of course the bird was
gone.
Looked for 45 minutes but have not seen the bird again.
The good news was that one of our local adult Bald Eagles flew overhead while
we were looking.
Joel and Vicki Simon
Buckeye Knoll near Dinero in Live Oak County