[texbirds] Clapp Park 9/14

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:41:42 -0500

Greetings,

Clapp Park did not disappoint this afternoon. After a thorough look-see of
the park I was able to kick out 49 species. Warbler numbers continue to
impress and duck numbers are fluctuating, but high.

Highlights:
Pied-billed Grebe - 2, not really rare but an uncommon bird for the park
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron - 2, immatures that have been there for quite
some time
Cooper's Hawk - 1, continuing immature female
Peregrine Falcon - 1, on the water tower
Olive-sided Flycatcher - 1
Western Wood-Pewee - 2
Blue-headed Vireo - 1
Cassin's/Blue-headed - Same bird I found on Sunday, but with further
investigation and lack of photos I am relegating it to this. Perhaps I can
photograph it on sunday and finally get to the bottom of this conundrum.
Warbling Vireo - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1, first one of the fall
Orange-crowned Warbler - 3
Nashville Warbler - 1
Yellow Warbler - 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) - 3
Townsend's Warbler - 4, several different age groups and sexes represented.
Wilson's Warbler - 24
Lazuli Bunting - 1
Indigo Bunting - 1

That's all folks. The birding is good out there!

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX