[texbirds] Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne on 8/28/12

  • From: Patty Leslie Pasztor <pasztor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:07:47 -0500

Here are some birds noted during our hike at Cibolo Nature Center in Boerne on
8-28-12
We have a 2 mile route where we note butterflies, plants and birds.  We plan to
go out this week on Wed., Sept. 5th. We'd welcome your company and expertise.
Contact me off-list for details and to confirm the date.  We try to go out
twice per month on a Tues. or a Wed. - it varies.

Patty Leslie Pasztor
San Antonio, TX

Cibolo Nature Ctr. (HOTE 078), Kendall, US-TX
Aug 28, 2012 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Comments: we didn't walk the woodland trail this trip.
26 species (+1 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  4
Black Vulture  1
Turkey Vulture  3
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Eurasian Collared-Dove  1
White-winged Dove  12
Ruby-throated/Black-chinned Hummingbird  1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  4
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
Loggerhead Shrike  2
White-eyed Vireo  4
Common Raven  2     creek n area
Barn Swallow  5
Carolina Chickadee  6
Black-crested Titmouse  4
Carolina Wren  5
American Robin  8     creek north
Northern Mockingbird  4
European Starling  6
Black-and-white Warbler  1     Creek north on a bald cypress
Yellow Warbler  1     prairie 2 in a Baccharis neglecta
Summer Tanager  1     female near the marsh eating rough-leaf dogwood fruit
Northern Cardinal  8
Great-tailed Grackle  2
House Finch  2
Lesser Goldfinch  10