[texbirds] Chimney Swifts Over LaPorte Texas 4/1/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:32:59 -0400 (EDT)

Jan and I just got home from sitting for a little over 3 hrs at the LaPorte
 Hawk watch which is at Sylvan Beach right on the bay. It comes up as
(Beach  Park, North Bayshore Drive, Harris County, Texas, US ) on Birdlog.
There
were  very few raptors moving so we started counting Chimney Swifts and had
a total of  307 in 3 hrs and 20 minutes of counting. There was also a strong
Swallow  movement with probably somewhere between two and three times as
many swallows as  Swifts. It was mixed Barn and N Rough-winged and a lot of
them that we could not  ID due to the heavy overcast skies. List below.

Chimney Swifts (307)
N Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallows
Swallow sp.